Thursday, 19 September 2013

Home improvement

The first summer I lived in the flat I live in now, I realised that to live in a flat, facing west in the Norwegian summertime with lots of windows and hardly any curtains, was not a great move. With the eternal  daylight of the Norwegian summertime, it meant that I had the sun in the living room for about 12 hours every day, the result being that I was moving around when I was in the living room not to get the sun in my eyes and in addition it became stifling hot. So I decided to go out and buy some curtains. I bought some dark, gray woollen ones of a really thick, quality fabric.



Just to underline how bad it was, the photos turned out really dark




 Beautiful curtains, that really kept out the sun when I wanted them to. With the grey sofa and light gray walls, it all turned out differently when the autumn and winterdarkness came. The room became really dark. So with the autumn and winter coming along I decided it was time for a change. The good thing is that my mother decided to change her curtains so I could inherit her old ones. Can't be fussy, but I think they will do.

 
The after photos.




No comments:

Post a Comment