Monday, 3 February 2014

Neighbourhood...

I live in the city and I have lived here for 5 years. When I first came back, it was because I had to leave the life I lived before, and which I loved. I just had to go and I came to Bergen as it was close to where I call home and near my family. I rented a tiny flat two streets down the hillside from where I live now, didn't really know what to do or how long I would stay. I always saw myself living in the countryside, in a village with more space than I needed, a garden to annoy me and neighbours that I knew. A year after I moved back to Bergen, I moved into the flat I live in now. I certainly think citylife has its pros. I can walk to the businesscentre from where I live, the buses run frequently if I should need one, there is a certain freedom in citylife I find. I don't know my neighbours very well, but I have lots of them. (don't know if it is a pro not to know them). I have seaview from my flat and it is only a forty minutes drive to the countryhouse.

I have always regarded myself as a countrygirl - I still do - and I find it surpsrising that I have settled so well.

These photos are taken from my street or nearby.

Photo from November 2013


February view from the street

 Photo from October 2013


 
If somebody had told me ten years ago that I would settle in an environment like this, it would have provoked a small laugh on my part.

Who can complain when you have views like this from the livingroom window. I took this photo 29th May 2013.

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful place you live in!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete