Monday, 28 April 2014

A spring weekend in the country







I have spent the weekend alone in the country. When I came out here on thursday afternoon I began to feel really restless and could not quite think about what to do all weekend. I have also been here a lot lately so I didn't have that needing-to-get-out-of-the-city feeling that I sometimes get.  Then I settled in to things and I have had a good weekend alone. The weather has been beautiful and it is getting lush and green and flowery everywhere.  The birds are singing all day long. Perhaps it is good to feel a bit bored sometimes? And perhaps it is good to be able to spend time alone, not everybody is.  -Restlessness is a sign that there is life in the body that wants to be lived, a friend of mine once said. Guess he is right!

 Who can complain when you drink your morning coffee to this view?

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I love your friend's comment -- I always feel that's a good sign, as well, getting rested enough that one becomes restless. It's a fine balance, though, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. The trick is to find the right balance.

      Delete