Sunday, 14 June 2015

The year in books IV.....


It took me quite a long time to read the previous book, and I gave up at the last hurdle. Not so with this one. Perla by Carolina de Robertis was given to me by my mother. She tought it was good so I reckoned I would find it to be rubbish. (Sorry, Mum) But I like this book.
The main character in the book tells her story about family and love growing up under the military dictatorship in Argentina. She discovers her father, who adores her and who is adored by her, was one of those who commited violent crimes during the regime. The book tells the story of how this affects her and how she copes with it.

I found this to be a well-written story which captured me. Towards the end of the book I wasn't able to put it away. I would definitly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment