Monday, 22 February 2016

Homelife on a weekend...

The view from my corner this weekend.
 
Lately I have been feelig a bit under the weather healthwise. We have a lot to do at work and I am trying to be a student, but had not even started on my studies last week.



With last weekend approaching I decided to take a weekend alone in my city flat and just stay there, take it easy and try to catch up on my studies. So that is what I did. From Friday afternoon untill Monday morning alone in the flat. Sleeping as much as I wanted to, no housework, waffles for breakfast, comfy clothes. Just chill. I even found the time to start a new knitting. Sunday evening I was really happy because I had done something fruitful, I managed to catch up on my examreading and now feel able to write an assignment I have to finish in a couple of weeks.

I don't often do this. I feel that I have wasted my time if I just sit on the sofa in my comfy clothes all weekend. I wonder how it would have been if I hadn't had the studies to catch up on? I must try that at some point.



1 comment:

  1. I love to do this! Not too often, but I try to manage it every two or three months -- when my husband has to be away, I try my best to manage with whatever is in the fridge and pantry, and I stay on our little island (where there are no shops). I do go out for a walk or a run, and I talk to any neighbours I meet on the way, but otherwise I am so happy just being on my own in my own home. It's so comforting and regenerative to come back to my own bodily rhythms for a change and to be direcged from the inside rather than out....Good for you! You'll face this new week in a much healthier mind and body.

    ReplyDelete