Monday, 14 March 2016

Jogging....

I have always loved walking. Ever since I was a child I have had this need to go out and exercise. About four years ago I started to run now and again. Not fast, not far, but slowly getting the pace up.

I started to run at a point in my life when I had a lot of things going on. It was liberating  to just go out and run the streets, take everything out and come home exhausted. I have not downloaded any apps that can show how far or fast I run or anything like that. I don't have any plans to enter competitions. I don't talk much about it to other people. It is not the point. And I love doing it alone. I just have this need to do it alone. This part has puzzled me a bit.



I alway feel I need a photo in my posts and here I am ready for a run. Still mitten- and winter footwear weather around here,
 
 
This winter I have been feeling a bit under the weather for large parts of the season. I have kept on walking, but not fast walking and no running. Gradually, as my body is able to cope with the increased movement of it and with something resembling spring in the air, I have taken up running again. It is really good to feel that, even with little training over the past three months my body responds to the running really well. So maybe it was not such a bad thing to stop for a while? I have also given a lot of thought to why I run. It is the national health advice that exercise is good for you, yes. But for me I think the main thing is that it empties my head. It is a kind of meditation and I think that is why I need to do it alone. 

1 comment:

  1. Same for me -- so many runners like to run with others OR they like, at least, to wear earbuds and listen to music or a podcast while running. I'm happiest alone with my own thoughts, just letting my body go at the pace that feels good to it. And I think your break from running was probably exactly what you needed to bring you back to running. . .

    ReplyDelete