Monday, 22 August 2016

Visiting your own place....


I have lived in this city for seven and a half years. I moved to the area I live in now because I was going to be a fulltime student at the University and my flat is only a 20-minute walk away from there. Very convinient at the time. For the next four years I walked to the University just about every day. What I didn't discover untill this weekend is that I walked past a gem - The muesums garden. The thing is that if I had come to Bergen as a tourist I would probably have visited at least one of the three museums it surrounds and gone through the garden on my way too and from the different museums. That is my guess. That is the kind of thing I do when I visit foreign citys.


I studied for a mastersdegree in history at the University so during my studies I visited the museums on many occasions, but I never walked through the garden. I am surprised how big and beautiful it is. I guess that is the thing about living in  a place on a permanent basis. The everyday life catches up with you and you don't spend time visiting attractions and things that is good for the eye and soul. I am sure I am not the only one who knows a lot about and have visited attractions in other cities, but never been to the local ones - because I can do that some other time.



 So note to self: Take time to visit your own place. Take time to discover these beautiful places that we are surrounded by. They can really lighten up the today and not only some other time.




No comments:

Post a Comment