Monday, 14 November 2016

Closing down...

 
I have known for some time that I am out of a job by the end of the year. The situation that occured in late August/September with the reorganization of the asylumseeker "system", has totally put that to the back of my mind. I have started to think about what to do next, but other things are playing on my mind.
 
Rather than handing my students on to a more qualified teacher (as I thought I would at the start of the schoolyear), we are now reducing the class significantly. At the start of term we had 25 students in our group. As I write this we have thirteen left. By the end of the week four more will be gone. At the end of the term there will be three left. This is all down to politics. Some are allowed to stay in the country, some have to wait for the answer to their application and are just being moved to a different centre and some have their application rejected and leave the country.
 
It is a though deal saying goodbye to them. In particular the ones that are going in to an uncertain future. People are people and over the past few months connections have been made, no matter what the circumstances are for them coming and going.



1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry, Givi. I wish you and your students all the best, and I hope there will be something positive ahead. Tough times for all...

    ReplyDelete