Saturday, 10 December 2016

Exit....

I took this photo just before I took all the drawings down from the wall.


I have mentioned on a few occasions that I am out of a job at the end of the year. As it has turned out I am not leaving the class to a new teacher, but closing the whole thing down. It has been an emotional term. One student after another has left. They are all asylumseekers in this country, so some of them face an uncertain future. It has led to many sad goodbyes, and here we are. The last student of my class has left. Exittime for me as well.

Last week we closed down the classroom. Moved all the stuff to a smaller room for the three students that remain. I am grateful for having had the opportunity to work with integration over the past couple of years. It has been so different from what I thought it would be like. In the end - people are people no matter where they come from.

Hopefully new adventures on the  horizon for me. I don't know what they are, yet.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to update us in what must be a very emotionally tumultuous time for you. I'm so sorry for you and for your students, who I'm sure will really miss the safe, nurturing space of your classroom. I wish you all the best as you try to plot your new route. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Thinking about the students right now. I'll be allright.

      Delete