Tuesday, 7 February 2017

"Kaktus mix" needs patience.

 
 
In the photo above is the photo from a packet of cactus seeds I bought in 2014. I have always wanted to plant cactuses and when this packet landed in front of my eyes I started to believe in destiny.
I looked forward to having mixed, large, nice cactuses (like on the photo),  that I was as close to having "made" myself as I possibly could get.
 
I went ahead. Planted the seeds and prepared to wait. It said on the packet that it could take fifty days before they started to grow. I knew it was a slow growing plant so my enthusiasm went through the roof when, within the first week,  I saw traces of green coming out of the soil. And they grew and grew. For about a month or so. And then we reached standstill.
 
I couldn't see any movement untill now late in January, a year and half later. Now they have grown a tiny little bit. But they are clever. I was just about to give up when they started growing again.
 
Another thing is that they all look the same. I hope it is because they are still so small. "K (C)aktus mix" meaning different types, I hope.
 
One day I will have nice BIG MIXED cactuses.  But it looks like a longwait!
 
 

It is a year an a half since I planted my cactuses

No comments:

Post a Comment