Saturday, 18 March 2017

New job....




I managed to get out for a walk one day and took this photo of the March afternoon sky.

I thought it would be more difficult to get a new job than what it turned out to be. I took the first job that was offered to me because I couldn't believe my luck. I was rung up on a wednesday and started work on the following Monday, so all descision were made really quickly.

 In my previous job I was full of energy and just loved the dynamics of working with a very  special group of students and their families. I can't really remember how I felt at the beginning of that project, though. Perhaps I was just as exhausted as I feel now.  New students, new colleagues, new subjects even - it takes its toll. There is so much to get your head around and everything else in life just takes second place.

I am trying to take this weekend off and not think to much about work, even if I know I have to spend some time on Sunday afternoon prepairing for the week ahead.

I have a temporary position at the moment and I am teaching subjects that are not really "mine". This  experience of a different kind of dynamic and also the feeling of being able to cope with it, has given me some food for thought. What am I going to do in the future? Maybe I can take it all a step further in my middle age, but still with two decades of working life left.

With all this said I also have to say that I am enjoying the new experience. I realise that I can do it, so maybe I can do other stuff as well?


 
 
 



4 comments:

  1. I admire your attitude! Change can be so hard, especially when it's not a change when we would have chosen, but sometimes it can be good for us in unexpected ways. I hope that will be so for you. (I only started my last job -- as a university prof. -- at 50, and didn't finish my PhD until a bit after that. We can do new things in our middle years....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That is so encouraging.

      Delete
  2. Keep a positive spirit and you will be fine in your new job. Thought you might like poemblog9.blogspot.com kind regards, Mark.

    ReplyDelete