Sunday, 9 July 2017

Emptying rooms...

 
 
 
The decision is made. In a months time I will be swapping urban for suburbia. I am moving into a flat that is twice as big as the one I currently live in, in a five year old house about half an hour outside of the citycentre. There will be lots of space as opposed to the rather cramped conditions of city living. You even get your own parking place! So different from where I live now!
 
 
So why is it so that I have felt so sad? I have heard about people cracking open the champagne when they have bought a new house. I didn't feel like that at all.


I am not a city girl, but I have lived in the city for eight years. That was never the plan. This flat came to me when I was at a turning point in my life. I needed shelter, I needed anonymity, I needed to rebuild something and the city flat provided all of that.

I have been renting this flat, had the opportunity to buy it and decided against it. Basically, it has a lot to do with the surreal house prices in this country and what you get for your money. But it also has to with something else. A new start, maybe. Some kind of declaration that I am ready to move on.

So now I have started to put my stuff into boxes. I have felt really emotional and sad and had a strong need to just stay in the flat. Didn't want to go out at all.


Even if I have questioned my decision over the past few weeks, I know deep inside that I have done the right thing.







Never knew it could be so though emptyong a cupboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment